May 6, 2009

Umm Al-Kitab


1.1. Bismi Allahi alrrahmani alrrahim1.
2. Alhamdu lillahi rabbi alhalamin1.
3. Alrrahmani alrrahim1.
4. Maliki yawmi din1.
5. Iyyaka nahbudu wa-iyyaka nastahin1.
6. Ihdina ssirata almustaqim1.
7. Sirata alladina anhamta halayhim ghayri almaghdoobi halayhim wala dallin

Assalamou’alykum

I wanted to share with you a tafsir of Al Fatiha that I’ve read a few months ago.
Sobhanallah, even if I was born and raised in a Muslim family I was never told how important it was. However I knew the basic issues such as without reading it, no salat and no marriage were accepted, and as it was the beginner of the Qur’an.

One day, I was surfing on the net, going from links to links until arriving on the page of Amr Khaled: http://www.amrkhaled.net/acategories/categories80.html
Machallah, I wasn’t keen on watching his show on Iqraa TV. For me, he was to “show off” (ya Rab ighfr li).
Sobhanallah, reading him was so instructive and so pleasant, that I am ashamed not giving him a chance before: I had preconceived ideas about him.
In fact, he tries to give a new impulse to Islam, trying to educate the young being the best community in earth, following the teaching of our beloved Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم

As far as the Fatiha is concerned, he gives a wonderful tafsir:
http://www.deenresearchcenter.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=K%2bmM49zwKXM%3d&tabid=58&mid=446&language=en-US

“This Surah holds all the treasures of the Qur’an”. Within it, there is one aya that sum up our religion (sobhanallah):
1.5. Iyyaka nahbudu wa-iyyaka nastahin
(you do we worship and you do we beseech for help)
Islam is to worship God alone, because He is The only one Who can help.

Ya Rab Laka alhamd ouaachchokr
Imane

No comments:

Post a Comment